i talked to the pharmacy today to set up my account with them, and the lovely lady on the phone was willing to read me off the list of drugs since i missed a few in my notes the other day.
(Note: updated 10/29 with more info from meds)
- lupron: an injectable that will turn off normal ovulation. bonus – also can treat my prostate cancer or precocious puberty. (leuprolide, 28 days worth)
- pregnyl: the hCG trigger shot. fun fact – made from the urine of pregnant ladies. just what i want to shoot up with!
- endometrin: progesterone suppositories instead of shots. not looking forward to this one. (21 days worth, 3/day?)
- doxycycline: an antibiotic. nuff said. (6 days worth, 2/day?)
- medrol: a steroid, in tablet form. looks like it’s used with ICSI to prevent rejection after ET. (methylprednisolone, 6 days worth, 2/day?)
- estrace: little bonus of estrogen. looks like it is available in a bunch of forms. guess that will be a surprise! (estradiol in 2mg tablets, 14 days worth, 3/day?)
- menopur: another one made of piss. this one we’ll get to mix up ourselves, just like real live druggies. (ok, maybe not like a druggie. what the hell do i know? i’m the most straight edge chick you’ve ever met) (48 vials for 12 days, 4/day?)
- apri: the birth control pills. although i totally get it, i still chuckle at the thought of taking the pill in order to get pregnant. tee hee. (reclipsen, 42 days worth?)