so we met with Dr. Y today, and i think i’m in love y’all. i know i’m totally being that girl that falls in love again on the rebound after having her heart broken, but today was great. it’s all still a bit of a blur, but some of the highlights include:
- we both had a little more bloodwork to get taken care of today. poor R, i told him this was a talking only appointment. he hates needles!
- i am currently on CD 46 (seriously, wtf?), so they did a urine test and possibly (?) a beta. ha! silly girls.
- i also walked out with a script for provera. Dr. Y will give me a call tomorrow and let me know if i should take it
- she did an ultrasound to see if she could figure out what’s going on: no eggs hanging out, so she’s guessing i already ovulated. both cysts are down to two-point-something, so yay for that. she said my uterus looked great and there were lots of follicles doing what they need to do.
- speaking of the cysts, they only treat them if they are bigger than 4, so no worries there
- the staff is all super nice. i was chatting up one of the nurses who looked adequately horrified when i mentioned some of the problems at the last clinic.
- sounds like Dr. Y isn’t sold on Dr. Derman’s kinda-sorta-maybe PCOS diagnosis. she went over the possible protocol briefly, but no mention of the metformin. she’s saying low-dose BCPs, no lupron, and menopur mixed with FSH, and cetrotide. all sub-q (yay!).
- the exact protocol is still a bit up in the air. once a week, the two docs from my local office meet up with all the docs from the five offices that are a part of the clinic to discuss cases. together, they decide on the protocol and all that jazz. this actually makes me feel really really good. i often wonder if a lot of my concerns at the old clinic would have been a problem if there were two heads rather than one looking things over.
um, i think that’s it? i don’t know. i just know that i am feeling so much more comfortable here already. it’s a damn good feeling.