everything is pretty much set in the nursery, so it’s time to inundate you with pictures! first of all, the before shots:
this is what the nursery looked like when we first saw the house:
and it was the first room we began in just hours after buying the house. both the nursery and our bedroom had old wallpaper that had been painted over, and we wanted to try and tackle that mess before we moved in and there was stuff everywhere.
steaming off the wallpaper wasn’t as bad as we expected it to be. i think it helped that everything was so old – the wallpaper under the (many layers of) paint was original to the house and whatever glue they had used in the 20s was long since dried out.
it took a few days, but we managed to get the walls cleaned off. we gave up when we realized the wallpaper and paint carried over onto the ceiling too, and kind of abandoned the room until we knew we were finally pregnant.
after the walls were finally cleaned though, there was still a lot to do before we could start painting. there were spots where the original plaster was coming away from the the lath, so Ralph had to attach it with all sorts of epoxy and plaster screws.
and after some nice free labor from the in-laws, the walls were finally ready to paint!
part two coming shortly….